Skills Miner STEM
FREE 45min Live Lesson for Year 8 & 9 about Aerospace Engineering!
We have an exciting opportunity for Secondary Schools to participate in an Aerospace Engineering project using Minecraft Education Edition (M:EE) in September 2021 – places are limited so please register!
Enginuity is working with leading Aerospace companies to inspire young people about opportunities in Aerospace to increase diversity in Engineering. Through our free 45min Live STEM Enrichment Lesson, your Year 8 & 9 class can learn about Aerospace Engineering using gameplay in Minecraft:EE.
The selected schools will be the first to test a series of new Minecraft:EE Worlds, designed by Engineering experts and experienced STEM educators.
Benefits To Your School
Our goal is to inspire and educate your Year 8 & 9 students about Aerospace Engineering to increase diversity in Engineering. We are providing:
- Free 45min Live Lesson online with 1 x Year 8 or 9 class – we teach alongside your teacher(s) to inspire your students about Aerospace Engineering through a fun Minecraft:EE game where students can learn Design, Construction and Coding of an Aircraft through the role of an Apprentice:
- Live Lesson Online via MSTeams/Google with Enginuity & Tablet Academy STEM team
- Our Minecraft lessons are aligned to the National Curriculum
- Free 1hr 1-1 Teacher training on how to use Minecraft in class – We provide a supportive approach to encourage and build confidence if teachers want to explore this creative learning tool further.
- Teacher Resource Pack Including: Lesson Plans, How Engineering relates to National Curriculum subjects, Jobs & Career opportunities, Minecraft Teacher Resources.
- Student Resource Pack including – Lesson Worksheets, Videos about Aerospace Engineering, Jobs & Career opportunities.
- 4 x Minecraft Games and lessons about Aerospace Engineering – We provide you with National Curriculum aligned Minecraft lessons for on-going interactive learning about Engineering.
To increase the number of diverse young people:
- learning about Engineering opportunities before leaving school
- interested and excited about Engineering opportunities
- choosing GCSE subjects related to Engineering
- applying for Apprenticeships, further education and Engineering careers
- inventing new innovations in Engineering
- inspiring diverse young peers to explore Engineering
- Register your interest to participate and receive a FREE Live Lesson.
- Early September 2021 – Welcome to the programme – Enginuity contact the selected schools who have registered to welcome them to Programme.
- Early September – Teacher & IT Lesson Prep Call – Enginuity provides support to school to ensure Minecraft can be accessed by the school.
- September – Live Online Lessons with Year 8 or 9 – Enginuity run 1 x 45min live lesson with year 8 and / or 9 class to teach and inspire students about Aerospace Engineering through a fun Minecraft game. We ask that your teachers and students fill in our survey to inform us about their view of Engineering before and after the lesson.
Join us to drive diversity in Engineering
Our ambition is to create a diverse, inclusive and highly skilled community to meet the challenges and opportunities of the future through exciting and rewarding careers in Engineering.
Please note, you will need access to Minecraft Education Edition on your school devices to participate in the lessons. If you do not have Minecraft:EE yet, just let us know as we may be able to help.
We recognise the additional strain that COVID has put on teachers and students alike so we have ensured that this programme is exciting and engaging for students with minimal preparation from teachers.
We work alongside teachers to deliver the live STEM enrichment lessons online in September 2021 (at a time that suits their timetable), and we support and provide teachers with tools and knowledge to use Minecraft:EE for further lessons, plus information about Engineering to provide guidance to young people about opportunities and different pathways.
Please register to participate.