External Quality Assurer (EQA) – Engineering and Rail
Midlands - Home Based - Once Covid travel restrictions are lifted this role will include national travel mainly around the Midlands and surrounding areas.
Starting salary £36,000 plus benefitsApply Now
About the role
Enginuity – Engineering expertise + Ingenuity with data
Play your part in giving Engineers the opportunity to change their world and ours.
The opportunity we have
External Quality Assurer – Engineering & Rail
Midlands (and surrounding areas) with National Travel – Home Based (This role is currently home-based with no travel due to Covid restrictions – travel will be required in the future)
Full Time – 35 hours per week
Our EQA Team who sit within EAL, the Awarding Organisation for Engineering and Manufacturing qualifications, and part of the Enginuity Group, are looking for an experienced Quality Assurer who is occupationally and/or technically competent in Engineering with a Rail sector background.
This key role will manage a suite of centres where you will be responsible for externally quality assuring EAL products and services across the Engineering and Rail sectors; ensuring they are being delivered in line with required quality standards, regulatory requirements and EAL centre recognition requirements and policies.
Who’s right for this role
Whilst skills are important and rightly so, this role also demands innovation and a customer focussed mind-set. We are one team, regardless of the role you do, and we all play a part in our collective success.
We’re looking for someone who has previous experience of working as an Engineer with a Rail sector background and has held an active position of Internal Quality Assurer.
As you will be a key interface between EAL and its customers you will need to build strong relationships by understanding your centres’ business objectives, needs and challenges and use this knowledge and your excellent customer service skills to continue to support and grow the business to ensure EAL is their Awarding Organisation of choice.
You will be someone who can demonstrate your excellent customer skills and have experience of building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You’ll also be comfortable communicating using a wide range of electronic media and be open to continuous development.
Skills and experience required
- Occupational competence with demonstrable experience of working as an Engineer and in the Rail Sector as minimum
- At least one of the following: A recognised apprenticeship related to Engineering – within the Rail Sector, a Level 3 NVQ related to Engineering or equivalent, a degree related to Engineering, an NVQ Diploma in Engineering, or a Level 3 or Apprenticeship in Engineering
- Recent Experience of working in the Engineering and Rail sector
- Previous experience and sound knowledge of S/NVQs/Employers Units of Competence’s and / or VRQ’s assessment
- Hold A1 & V1 or D Unit equivalence with CPD evidence in relation to nationally recognised standards set by Lifelong Learning UK (LLUK), such as LLUK units 001-005
- Held the position of Internal Quality Assurer within a Centre and have experience of working with Quality Assurance processes
- Willing to travel across the UK and hold a full driving licence
Who we are
Enginuity is home to EAL, the Awarding Organisation for Engineering and Manufacturing qualifications, and we are proud of our long and successful history of leading and shaping skills in the Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing sector. As a trusted partner to individual engineers, educators and engineering employers, using unmatched industry expertise and data, we create practical solutions to workforce skills challenges so that engineers can change their world and ours.
We offer a supportive and inclusive work environment and a comprehensive benefits package including a defined contribution pension, 22 days paid holiday plus 3 days for company shutdown over Christmas and New Year. Paid holidays increasing with service, life assurance, paid membership of a professional body, wellness programmes, access to training and development opportunities and flexible working.
If you have a genuine interest in helping us to change the world through science, technology, engineering, mathematics and or data – we would love to meet you.
Depending on the volume of applications, the closing date for this position may be extended or brought forward.