EQA – Heating & Ventilating / Plumbing, Heating & Gas
HOME BASED - ONCE COVID TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS ARE LIFTED THIS ROLE WILL INCLUDE NATIONAL TRAVEL
Starting salary £36,000Apply Now
About the role
Enginuity – Engineering expertise + Ingenuity with data
Play your part in giving Engineers the opportunity to change their world and ours.
Who we are
Enginuity is changing the world – well sort of. Home to EAL, the Awarding Organisation for Engineering and Manufacturing qualifications, we are proud of our long and successful history of leading and shaping skills in the Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing sector. As a trusted partner to individual engineers, educators and engineering employers, using unmatched industry expertise and data, we create practical solutions to workforce skills challenges so that engineers can change their world and ours.
The opportunity we have
External Quality Assurer – Heating & Ventilating / Plumbing, Heating & Gas
National – Home Based – Travel will be required after Covid-19 restrictions are lifted
Full Time – 35 hours per week
Our journey of transformation is in full flow. We are moving at pace and are investing in ourselves so we can support our sector at this critical time. COVID has hit the Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing and Building Services sectors hard, and the workforces we have helped to shape and develop are changing again and in lots of cases, reducing. This has meant we are evolving the work we do to meet the new skills challenges emerging for employers.
Our EQA Team who sit within EAL, the qualification and skills delivery arm of Enginuity Group, are looking for an experienced and motivated Quality Assurer who is occupationally competent in Plumbing, Heating and Gas.
This key role will manage a suite of centres where you will be responsible for externally quality assuring EAL products and services across the Heating and Ventilating, Engineering, Rail and Plumbing, Heating and Gas sectors, ensuring they are being delivered in line with required quality standards, regulatory requirements and EAL centre recognition requirements and policies.
Who’s right for this role
Whilst skills are important and rightly so, this role also demands quick thinking, innovation and a customer focussed mind-set. We are one team, regardless of the role you do, and we all play a part in our collective success.
You’ll be hitting the ground running so we’re looking for someone who has previous experience of working on domestic and industrial commercial Plumbing, Heating and Gas installations and has held the position of Internal Quality Assurer.
As you will be a key interface between EAL and its customers you will need to build strong relationships by understanding your centres’ business objectives, needs, challenges and key stakeholders and use this knowledge and your excellent customer service skills to continue to support and grow the business to ensure EAL is their Awarding Organisation of choice.
You will be someone who can demonstrate your excellent customer skills and have experience of building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You’ll also be comfortable communicating using a wide range of electronic media and be open and adaptable to learning.
Skills and experience required
- Occupational competence with demonstrable experience of working on Heating & Ventilating Installations, domestic and industrial commercial Plumbing, Heating and Gas installations as a Plumber as minimum
- A recognised apprenticeship related to Heating & Ventilating/Plumbing, Heating and Gas in the building services sector in installation and /or maintenance or a Level 3 NVQ related to Heating & Ventilating/Plumbing, Heating or Gas or equivalent or a degree related to Plumbing, Heating and Gas
- Possession of the appropriate licence to practice qualifications required by the Heating & Ventilating/Plumbing, Heating and Gas sector
- Hold a JIB ECS card or CSCS Card or able to obtain one from the appropriate sector provider to enable access onto Assessment sites within Construction sector
- Previous experience and sound knowledge of S/NVQs/Employers Units of Competence’s and / or VRQ’s assessment
- Hold A1 & V1 or D Unit equivalence with CPD evidence in relation to nationally recognised standards set by Lifelong Learning UK (LLUK), such as LLUK units 001-005
- Willing to travel across the UK and hold a full driving licence
If you have a genuine interest in helping us to change the world through science, technology, engineering, mathematics and or data – we would love to meet you.
Depending on the volume of applications, the closing date for this position may be extended or brought forward.