Data Driven Careers Convertor Unveiled For Fast Growing Digital Sectors
Data Breakthrough Matches Talent With ‘Repurposed Jobs’
Enginuity news, Industry news
We are transiting from an age of disruption to an age of opportunity and our development is a significant catalyst to attract new talent
The UK is about to embark on a data revolution that will see the nation transit from an ‘Age of Disruption to an Age of Opportunity’ a bio industry conference heard today (Wednesday December 2nd).
Manufacturing and engineering ‘sector connector’ Enginuity has developed, created and unveiled a unique online system to convert careers away from ailing industries and inject new life, new opportunity in to fast moving, fast growing digital sectors and others –such as vaccine manufacture and distribution.
Engineering and Manufacturing are undoubtedly in the ascendency as we begin to extricate ourselves from the Covid-19 crisis – with lots of new opportunities emerging and an increasing demand for skills that will help get nation back on its feet.
The initiative funded by the Cell and Gene Catapult on behalf of the Vaccine Manufacturing Task Force will provide immediate help to those furloughed and made redundant during the ongoing pandemic.
The data driven Careers Convertor which went live this week, uses the latest digital technologies and elements of Artificial Intelligence to assess transferable skills which match five key job roles in vaccine manufacture:
- Validation Engineer
- Quality Control Analytical Scientist
- Distribution Controller
- Good Manufacturing Practice Technician
- Process Development Scientist
Dr. Jacqueline Hall, Head of Policy & Strategy at Enginuity believes the development is a hugely significant and timely tool that in an age of disruption, we can create opportunity by challenging traditional skills fault lines, migrating redundant jobs and ensure portability of skills.
Addressing the 17th Annual bioprocessUK Conference she said:
“We are transiting from an age of disruption to an age of opportunity and our development is a significant catalyst to attract new talent, to repurpose, reset and contribute to a national priority.
“Our world is changing, indeed careers which begin in one industry, will in the future, potentially finish in another by the time of retirement. In Enginuity, we have ambition to support the engineering sector to consider not just the skills needed today, but those to tackle new challenges resulting from Industry 4.0 or Net Zero. Business competitiveness and success is dependent on its greatest human assets. Failure to prepare creates disadvantage and puts at risk our ability to benefit from opportunities that create wealth and inclusion.
“One thing for certain is that the pace of change quickens by the month – and the Covid-19 crisis has been one unwelcome factor further fuelling the momentum.”
The Careers Convertor is one of a number of new Enginuity digital initiatives being deployed to boost the public and private sector . The Enginuity digital portfolio, which includes the award-winning video game for budding engineers Skills Miner, along with others due for roll-out under Enginuity’s Innovation Lab banner.
Enginuity is a registered charity that provides public benefit by:
- Supporting Engineering and Manufacturing to drive a positive and growing contribution from the sector both in terms of jobs and contribution to GDP
- Supporting employers in identifying future skills requirements and developing or sourcing appropriate education and skills solutions to upskill and reskill their existing workforce thereby maintaining people in employment for longer whilst also promoting the sector as an attractive and worthwhile career
- Ensuring that individuals and employers can access high quality engineering skills training programmes, assessment, and validation to keep their skills and competency relevant, up-to-date, and evidenced
- Inspiring individuals with latent talent who may not have considered engineering and help individuals already interested in a career in engineering to understand their potential and be given opportunities for development and progression
- Ensuring that ethics and safety of the public is integrated into all training both directly and through partners to create the right environment for and build trust in engineers to tackle some of society’s most pressing issues such as climate change.”
Enginuity’s purpose is built upon a core value of creating no harm and the beneficiaries of achieving the purpose are individual engineers, engineering employers, future engineers, and the wider society.
Brain Games Block Brain Drains
Digital Brain games in the workplace are to be used to block a massive post-pandemic brain drain threatening UK industry, it has been announced.
Government Intervention Called for Before Parliamentary Summer Recess
The supply chain to the UK’s leading manufacturers is teetering on the edge of collapse this summer and needs urgent Government intervention – Enginuity has warned.
Manufacturing Resilience Report
Enginuity is proud to sponsor a new report on the future of the UK’s manufacturing sector: Manufacturing Resilience, Driving Recovery towards Net Zero.